2013年9月19日木曜日

9/18 ARW

In this class, I fully realized how important 3B's had been searched before the first class of discussing a text.
knowing author's background information or bias leads the readers a forest of the world the author created. This knowledge makes it easier for readers to understand what the concept is in this text and why he or she wrote the text. 

Moreover, we discussed relationships between foreign cultures and our own culture. We have lived only for twenty years or less, but the members I talked with have experience many types of culture shocks. And then, I wondered why people feel culture shocks. I think that' because when people recognize foreign cultures or people, first of all, they try to understand differences and similarities between them. In this situation, all we can do is attempt to understand them. 
Of course, it depends on the person's way to think of or deal with unexpected events to see these differences and similarities as shock or pleasure. Anyway, so we consider these differences and similarities as shock or pleasure that came from foreign matters. This point was very interesting to me.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿